sobota, 8. februar 2014

Picking cherries in Cromwell 20.1.-2.2.2014


First of all appologies for all the grammar mistakes me And autocorrect are making.

Because I was running out of money and there are some expenses coming (flight to Rotorua, heli kayaking trips on West coast in Feb) I decided to find myself a job. Not (yet) successfully within the pharmaceutical field (visited more than 10 pharmacies and no position was available. Not even filling the shelfs. However, I might starting offering systematic medication reviews in elderly Parks. I was rejected in Cromwell but that won't stop me.Need to search a bit how's that field developed down here.
So, now I'm a picker. I never worked in an orchard before and since I adore cherries it was challenging to start a job, paid per effect-if you exceed min standard,which is 1,8-2,3 buckets/h. A bucket carries 10L or cca 5 kg of delicious fruits. In first two days I picked less than the minimal wage- so I was paid $13,9/h. Then I changed my picking partner & situation improved. On best day I earned more than 250. Kam Chuan, a really friendly Malesian mate was then an excellent company for next 10 days. We supported each other when the other didn't catch the fast picking rythm and took care of providing relaxed athmosphere. Gracias to Alan and Maxi from Argentina for some latino music as well. We have been lucky to get an amazing supervisor Felipe, and quality control checker Rosario - both from Chile.
I stayed on the lake bank close to old Cromwell
, next to boat ramp nad close to public toilet-a must every morning. A few days I was alone there,then 3vans of French Guys joined me,and in the end 2 cars of Czech guys. Strašni Pšemki Jakub, Jaroslav, Honza nad Daniel made a difference nad brought some Slavic joyfullness. And heaps of beer. 😁 So our freedom camping got some social life. Shower was available in the lake, still cold but Better than none.
An event worth mentioning was celebration of Chinese new year-on 1.2.2014 they started a year of horse. And close to our camp gathered at least 25Chinese from China,Hong Kong,Thailand, Maleysia... we tried spicy thai soup and hang out until it was a bedtime around 22.30. Needless to say the night was too short since we needed to wake up a bit past 5. We started working at 6am respectively.
Two weeks passed way to fast And it was time to say goodbye. On Monday, the 3.2. In the morning I had a flight back to Rotorua for first two races in 2014 NZ extreme series - Kaituna time trial 8.2. And Wairoa extreme race 9.2..

Cherry Picking pics will follow slon,as the report from that weekend's races.
Cheers!
.M

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar